Welcome to North Providence High School, home of the cougars!
At our school, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges as one of the best in the region, computer labs and mobile computer carts are available in every department. The NPHS television studio has been upgraded, an interactive whiteboard, project and document camera, and laptops are used in all classrooms, and online and virtual learning experiences are offered.
Students learn in the 21st-century language lab, library media center, and English Language Arts writing lab. Curriculum here is continuously reviewed to meet today’s standards to ensure students are career and college ready. Recognized by the National Association of Secondary School Principals as a 21st-century high school (one of just 18 schools nationwide), we take education and personalization seriously.
North Providence High School
Home of the NPHS Cougars Where students excel, opportunities are endless, each student matters, and NPHS ‘Cougar Pride’ is contagious.
At NPHS, we believe in
- the ability of all students to learn
- a student-centered educational program that reflects rigor, relevance, and relationships
- collaboration and communication among students, teachers, administrators, parents, and community
- recognizing and adapting to the needs of our students
- ongoing evaluation of the educational program, using best practices to improve teaching and learning
- fostering and promoting literacy across all disciplines
- an educational program that prepares students for higher education and the global marketplace of the 21st century
- community service learning as an essential component of student growth
1828 Mineral Spring Ave
North Providence, RI 02904
Christen A. Magill
p. 401-233-1150 Ext. 13404
f. 401-233-1166 Fax